Since I am so often asked, ‘what books do you recommend’, I thought I would start sharing what I am reading or have read. I am a life-long continual learner, which I feel is the key to being successful in this conceptual age. I have read so many really useful and impactful books I think you will find one or two a benefit for your business and personal growth. Let’s start with a few recommendations for these three categories: Self, Sales, Great Business, from my past readings.
To be a better leader in your business, feel more successful, and really connect with people in the best way possible, here are three books I regularly recommend in this category.
- The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be – Jack Canfield
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – Eckhart Tolle
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking – Malcolm Gladwell
These are three books I often loan out and recommend to help people with their mindset around sales. One person I recommended the second book to became a $100k sales person in their second month at a new company.
- Selling to Big Companies – Jill Konrath
- High Trust Selling: Make More Money-In Less Time-With Less Stress – Todd Duncan
- Bag the Elephant!: How to Win and Keep Big Customers – Steve Kaplan (prepare to do work)
One of these books I send to my clients and assign homework. If you are a small business or you want to be something bigger, then finding out what it takes is imperative.
- Good to Great Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t – Jim Collins
- E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company- Michael E. Gerber (prepare to do work)
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? – Seth Godin
If you want to continue to grow your business or just maintain a successful business then you need to be continually learning what it takes to remain successful.
- Don’t stop learning
- Don’t stop reading
- Don’t stop asking the good questions