- If you don’t know what you are building you cannot build it.
- If you do not know what your destination is, you cannot say when you get there.
- If you do not know what you expect your company to be then you cannot create it.
If you know you want to create something of value then you need to start by defining the value you want to create. I am the Queen of Process and I always start by looking at the end. What do I want it to be, how big, how many people, what do I want to be doing, what do I not want to be doing. I may have to do all the work in the beginning, but if I don’t know what it is that I want to focus on I will be doing all the work for a very long time.
Build your systems into the journey so you can easily remove yourself from the day-to-day aspect of your business and allow your business to grow with fewer challenges.
- There are no blueprints for an imaginary building.
- There is not map for a place to nowhere.
- There are no steps you can plan for to grow a business into the unknown.
Know where you want to go and what you are working towards so you can create a plan that will take you less time and cost you less then just ‘winging it’ and hoping for success.