These are the top questions I get asked most often about my programs
The top question I get is “What do you do?” To that I answer:
“I am a Master Business Strategist who works with business owners interested in ambitious business growth and are looking for ways to get to the million or multi-million dollar business. ”
- How is a Master Business Strategist different from a business coach?
- Have you ever hired a coach, and if so how did they help you?
- What can I expect to gain from working with Barb?
- What does it mean to “get to the next level”?
- Can I buy some one-to-one time with you?
- What experience do you have that might help me?
- Why don’t you offer 3 or 6 month coaching packages?
- What will my outcome be when I work with you and can you guarantee it?
- What is the key focus for Barb when she is working with me?
- How do I get started?
- How much does it cost to work with Barb?
- What if I cannot afford to work with Barb?
- Are there any other benefits I get from being a part of one of Barb’s programs?
- What kind of businesses do you typically work with?
- 1. How is Master Business Strategist different from a business coach?
Barb and her programs are set up to be a strategic launching place for your next big business growth. Barb found that in her 3 and 6 month coaching programs she could not help her clients accelerate their business growth as quickly as when she started with a single strategy day. Because of this Barb has built all her programs around a strategic development day.
“I have found when people spend a day with me focused on their business goals and challenges it made it easier for me to identify the pieces that had stopped the business from moving forward and thus allowed us to make a clear plan that they could implement. It is so much quicker. My clients see results with in months or weeks and have new options they had never expected to see in such a short period of time.”
- 2. Have you ever hired a coach, and if so how did they help you?
I have always had mentors and other support systems in my businesses. I had assembled an advisory committee for my first business which I used to grow my business for over 2 years. It was not until about 2008 that I started looking for more focused support for my business growth. I really wanted to create something much bigger and I needed someone that had a bigger vision for me than I could picture for myself.
Since that time I have had several business coaches that have help me with different focuses for my business. I have worked with Lisa Sasevich, Fabienne Fredrickson, Sidney Craig-Hart, Cindy Ashton, Maurice DiMino, Gigi Blair, and Susan Crossman. For the almost 2 years I have worked with the brilliant business strategist Laura Gisborne. Each of these people has brought different skills and insight into my business with a different focus. Marketing, Brand, Sales from the stage, presentation skills, speaking skills, writing skills, and leadership skills along with all their past experience to help me see the hurdles I was headed for and save me the time and other costs associated with doing it ‘the hard way’.
- 3. What can I expect to gain from working with Barb?
Barb is systems driven. Since she spent most of her time after University and College working in technology and eventually writing for high-tech companies she has gained a unique insight into the connection between design, delivery, operations, support, and quality control. Even outside of manufacturing, knowing how one aspect of the business can affect another is a clear way to determine what has to happen first to ensure success down the road.
When building a map for your business growth Barb and her team use a systems approach.
“I look at the big picture first: what do you want to do, who is the ideal client, what is the market, who are the competitors, what is the market size, what are you best at, and how do you plan on making money at it? From there I work backwards with ideas to reach your market in the most impactful way possible and then how to create the systems in your business so you can manage the growth. I want you to be clear as to how you can offload your work, hire and automate your way to a bigger business.”
- 4. What does it mean to “get to the next level”?
This catch phrase, “get to the next level” is being used so much now it almost has lost its meaning in marketing. For me it means making your business work harder for you without you having to work harder for it. Growth takes more time and resources, and once it is in place it should work on its own in a way the business owner can manage. After all what is the point of growing the business if all you are doing is trading off more of your personal time to make it work?
- 5. Can I buy some one-to-one time with you?
Yes you can in the form of a Personal VIP Day. As I explained in my answer to Question 1, I have found the best way to move people quickly to success is to spend a short period of focused time with them. I do not sell coaching time by the hour. All my programs are sold in a way that I have found will give you the most effective support possible to help you reach your big goals.
- 6. What experience do you have that might help me?
- Several different mastermind groups over the past four years.
- Have always worked for small business owners, even as an employee
- Been a business owner since 2005.
- Extensive business training and education.
- Paid up to five figures for coaching and for business development because I know the value of expert support.
- Mentored several business owners to their own successes and have been appointed the president of a business networking chapter.
- Teach “Introduction to Entrepreneurship” at Georgian college.
- Chair of the Entrepreneurship Program Advisory board at Georgian college.
- Past chair and advisor of the International Business Program at Georgian college.
- Trained director for a global business networking company and have received extensive training on helping businesses to grow and reach their goals through the world’s best word-of-mouth marketing program.
- Attend conferences at least twice a year, read books, listen to podcast and pay to belong to associates that are filled with experts that can help me grow and become more valuable to my businesses and my clients.
- Had my own weekly TV show “Your Business with Barb” (36 weekly episodes shot)
- Guest speaker on business for radio shows, TV, conferences, and associations.
- Continuously upgrading my skills through training and mentoring.
- Have college certification in Teaching and Training Adults.
- Certified Coach with CTA which is recognized by the IFC.
- 7. Why don’t you offer 3 or 6 month coaching packages?
As I explained in question 1 and question 5 I have found that they are not as effective to help business owners that are highly motivated to achieve accelerated growth quickly. I just wasn’t getting the best results for my clients this way. Why take 6 months to lay a foundation when you can spend one day to create then entire path and begin the journey?
- 8. What will my outcome be when I work with you and can you guarantee it?
I guarantee you will see your business differently and you will have more options and opportunities than you had before you worked with me. I also guarantee I will be committed to your biggest success. I will share my resources, contacts and expertise with you and I will hold you powerfully to take action and do the things you have either been afraid to try or unable to make work for your business. You will have to do the work.
As for results, please check my testimonial page for some ideas of the results my clients have attained.
- 9. What is the key focus for Barb when she is working with me?
My key focus is to see you recognize the goldmine you are sitting on and all the opportunities you have to make it as big as you want. There are so many ways to view your options, get funding, to implement ideas, to work with others, etc. and I want that ‘super vision’ power for you so that you can easily continue to grow because the path to your biggest vision is clear.
- 10. How do I get started?
I have an intake process that is an interview called a Level-up Strategy Session. It is free and it will help me see if you are a right fit for my programs and helps you determine if I’m the right person to work with. You can sign up using the form on the right of this page labelled “STRATEGY SESSION“.
- 11. How much does it cost to work with Barb?
Barb has events (like Put on Your CEO Hat and Prime Your Success) held throughout the year, products (like the Power of Leadership), and programs for different needs ranging from $free up to $15,000. To have Barb work on your business you need to sign up for your Level-up Strategy Session. It is free and it will help her see if you are a right fit for one of her programs and helps you determine if Barb is the right person to work with your business. You can sign up using the form on the right of this page labelled “STRATEGY SESSION“.
- 12. What if I cannot afford to work with Barb?
Barb has several different programs at different price ranges and all bigger programs have payment plans to make it easier on the cash flow
- 13. Are there any other benefits I get from being a part of one of Barb’s programs?
Once you are a client with Barb she makes it as easy as possible to attend all live events, usually with a free ticket. Barb gives her clients access to her coach with reduced rates or free tickets to Laura’s programs when possible. Barb brings experts to be a part of her clients’ experiences and introduces them to people creating bigger things for themselves and for the world. Barb also likes to share her spotlight with her clients and will highlight her client’s businesses in her ezine or by giving them lots of social media love.
“I want you to feel like you are a part of a business family that cares about your challenges, celebrates your successes and truly wants to see you succeed at your goals.”
- 14. What kind of businesses do you typically work with?
Businesses that Barb has successfully worked with in the past fall into these industries:
- Services based
– Professional organizers
– Coaches and speakers
– HR consultants
– Industrial and corporate construction
– Municipal consultants
– Health and safety
– Marketing specialist
– Business consultants / specialists
– Personal services
– Medical device
– CMS (Content Management Systems)
– Software development
- Services based