It has been a while since I posted anything I was reading. In fact I came across my last blog on this and it was over 4 years ago. I always have several books on the go. In fact I have books all over the house and because I use Audible.com (from Amazon) I can listen to books anywhere I go. These are books I am reading right now or just finished reading.
There is never a time when you can stop marketing your business. The world is changing so fast and our purchasing habits are changing with them. Understanding how people purchase and why they purchase is always valuable to your business. I’ve been reading books that dive deeper into the psychology of why people make decisions. Barring a Zombie Apocalypse, you are going to need great marketing so don’t stop reading this type of book.
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die – Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness –
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill (For the 3rd time)
Related Article “10 Things You Won’t Need in a Zombie Apocalypse“
Being and staying grounded and true to my inner self is not easy. There is so much to learn, grow into, and “take on” that it is easy to think change included changing your true self. But if I do that then my original purpose changes into something that is not mine. I’ve read a lot of the western phyosophies over my life, so I thought recently, after meeting Katya Kalra, that I would read through some of the eastern ones. I am spending time refocusing on who I need to be to truly show up and live my purpose.
- The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
- Prosperity Forever (Path To Anandam) – Katya Kalra
- Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think – Peter H.Diamandis & Steven Kotler
Of course the third book here (Abundance) is not a spiritual teachings, but a look at how we view the world and how it is changing. I highly recommend reading this book. It will make you feel better about living to 150 and not destroying our world in the process.
Just For Fun
I do read for fun. Every year when we go on vacation I get some books I can tear through without having to digest the information. I love the Robert Ludlum Covert-One book series. The majority of this series was written by partners of Robert Ludlum, post humus. Some of the authors I love and one I thought was not as good, but it does not stop me from enjoying something fun. This year I’m going to finish the series.
- The Janus Reprisal – Jamie Freveletti and Robert Ludlum
- The Utopia Experiment – Kyle Mills and Robert Ludlum
- The Geneva Strategy – Jamie Freveletti and Robert Ludlum